MARK G. DANIEL
Phone: (817) 332-3822
Fax: (817) 332-2763
Mark G. Daniel is a pre-eminent criminal defense trial specialist with more than forty (40) years of criminal trial experience.
Mr. Daniel assists clients at every stage of criminal defense litigation with passion and the highest professional standards.
Mr. Daniel’s professional accomplishments include being inducted into the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Hall of Fame, being honored as the outstanding criminal defense lawyer in Texas in 2009, and the Roland Hill Award for being the outstanding criminal defense lawyer in Tarrant County in 2008.
In addition to his extensive criminal defense practice, Mr. Daniel also serves as an appointed member of the Texas Forensic Science Commission. He has also served for many years on the District Seven Grievance Committee for the State Bar of Texas.
Capital Murder Defense, Forensic Science, Cross Examination, Pretrial Motions, Cross Examination of the Child Witness, Ethics, Defending Those Accused of Sexual Offenses, Exculpatory Evidence, Defenses, Family Violence, and Jury Selection.
Mr. Daniel has achieved the highest possible rating (AV) for ability and ethics for thirty-four (34) consecutive years as published by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (1987-present).
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense Trial Practice
- Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
Mr. Daniel serves as a frequent speaker and author at legal education programs on criminal law topics including: Capital Murder Defense, Cross Examination, Pretrial Motions, Cross Examination of the Child Witness, Ethics, Defending Those Accused of Sexual Offenses, Exculpatory Evidence, Defenses, Family Violence and Forensic Evidence.
Mr. Daniel has achieved the highest possible rating (AV) for ability and ethics for thirty consecutive years as published by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (1987-present).
Mr. Daniel has also been selected as a Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly (2004-2017). He has also been selected as one of the 100 best lawyers in Texas for all categories (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014).
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Director, National Board of Trial Advocacy (2012-2016)
- Faculty, Tim Evans Criminal Trial College (1989-present)
- Texas, 1980
- United States District Court Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Education and Employment
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas J.D. – 1980
- University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A. 1977
- Private practice of law specializing in criminal defense trial practice (1983-present)
- Tarrant County Assistant District Attorney (1980-1983)