MARK G. DANIEL
Phone: (817) 332-3822
Fax: (817) 332-2763
Mr. Daniel has provided effective defense for professionals, judges, attorneys, executives and corporations in the most complex criminal accusations. His record in the defense of capital murder cases is second to none. His vast trial experience includes effective representation in homicide matters, sexual assault accusations, drug offenses, and all types of felony and misdemeanor accusations, including driving while intoxicated allegations. Mr. Daniel assists clients at every stage of criminal defense litigation with the highest professional standards.
Mr. Daniel’s professional accomplishments include being honored as the outstanding criminal defense lawyer in Texas in 2009 and the Roland Hill Award for being the outstanding criminal defense lawyer in Tarrant County in 2008.
Mr. Daniel served as President of the state-wide Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association in 2003 and the local criminal defense chapter in Tarrant County in 1991. He also served as President of the Tarrant County Bar Association in 2007.
In addition to his extensive criminal defense practice, Mr. Daniel also serves as an appointed member of the Texas Forensic Science Commission and as Panel Chair for the District Seven Grievance Committee for the State Bar of Texas.
Mr. Daniel has also been honored to co-author two of the premier criminal law publications in Texas, Texas Criminal Lawyers’ Handbook and Texas Criminal Forms.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense Trial Practice
- Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
Mr. Daniel serves as a frequent speaker and author at legal education programs on criminal law topics including: Capital Murder Defense, Cross Examination, Pretrial Motions, Cross Examination of the Child Witness, Ethics, Defending Those Accused of Sexual Offenses, Exculpatory Evidence, Defenses, Family Violence and Forensic Evidence.
Mr. Daniel has achieved the highest possible rating (AV) for ability and ethics for thirty consecutive years as published by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (1987-present).
Mr. Daniel has also been selected as a Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly (2004-2017). He has also been selected as one of the 100 best lawyers in Texas for all categories (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014).
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Director, National Board of Trial Advocacy (2012-2016)
- Faculty, Tim Evans Criminal Trial College (1989-present)
- Texas, 1980
- United States District Court Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Education and Employment
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas J.D. – 1980
- University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A. 1977
- Private practice of law specializing in criminal defense trial practice (1983-present)
- Tarrant County Assistant District Attorney (1980-1983)